The Brief Sheet: From the Blowing Rock Police Department
By Capt. Aaron Miller
If you are traveling around Blowing Rock this week, please allow a little extra time.
Below is a list of streets that will be affected by holiday activities.
• Main Street will close from 1:30 p.m. until approximately 3 p.m. Saturday, July 6, for the parade.
• Goforth Road will become one way from Green Park Inn to Rankin Street from 5 p.m. until approximately 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 6.
• Expect delays on Valley Boulevard at Country Club Drive from 5 p.m. until approximately 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 6.
Additional officers will be out during our special events and times of expected high traffic volumes to help keep traffic moving.
Please watch for officers directing traffic and obey their signals and instructions.
Lynn Lane Rollins, 54, of Banner Elk and Blowing Rock was arrested on June 27 and charged with felony possession of stolen goods.
The arrest stemmed from a break-in that occurred on Chestnut Drive in May 2011. Property taken in the 2011 break-in was recently removed by Blowing Rock police officers who executed a search warrant on a rental house owned by Rollins. Rollins was held on a $7,500 bond at the Watauga County Jail.
Other incidents last week include:
• A shoplifting was reported on Main Street. The suspect is unknown and no arrests were made.
• A town employee was bitten by a dog on Hidden Waters Street. Brandon Norris was bitten while performing duties on June 25. The dog was not able to be located and no charges have been filed.
Norris did not require medical treatment.
• Several yard signs were vandalized in the Greenhill area on June 26. The signs, which included real estate signs, address post and walkway lights, were removed and thrown into a yard down the street.
• Anyone missing reflective markers or solar walkway lights is asked to contact the Police Department.